Osteoarthritis has become a very common health condition that mostly affects the human population over the age of 65. Along with this condition, there is the gout that also greatly affects the joints and causes unbearable pain.
Joint are the ones that enable smooth movement of our body and for that purpose in the body there are over 300 joints. They are composed of cartilage, ligaments or synovial fluid, these components prevent bone friction. However, as we age the cartilage can degrade and the tissue becomes firm. In order to prevent this from happening we can introduce foods that can also help in joint pain relief.
In this article we shall present you a remedy that is based on the use of lemon, olive oil and eucalyptus leaf oil. Here it is what each ingredient can offer to your body and joints.
As per a conducted in vivo study released by the Pharmacognosy Journal, lemon peel reveals incredibly powerful anti-inflammatory properties offering the soothing effect for joint pain. The rich content of vitamin C and calcium in the bark keeps the bones healthy thereby limiting the occurrence of pathologies that are linked to their deterioration like the development of osteoarthritis.
This super healthy oil shows an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect that will lower the symptoms of osteoarthritis and joint diseases and prevent further cartilage deterioration. The olive oil massage has been proven to have the ability to relieve the pain caused by different rheumatism. When choosing an olive oil, make sure to use the original one as there are plenty of fake ones, therefore always check the label or its origin no matter if it says “extra virgin”.
Eucalyptus leaf oil
This oil is well recognized for its scent which is very helpful in the treatment of colds, but it can be very beneficial in the treatment of the joint pain or after surgery.
Joint Pain Poultice
- 2 lemons, for optimal effects use organic
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of eucalyptus essential oil
Start with peeling off the lemon and then place the bark into a glass jar. Next add the olive oil and eucalyptus oil, and leave it to stand for 14 days in a cool place. After this period you can use it by soaking a band of gauze in it and then wrap it around the painful joints. Thanks to its use the pain will be soon gone.
This remedy can be used in the morning or before going to pain, actually whenever you experience the pain. You can apply it to all joints on your wrists, knees, etc.
Extra Tips for Joint Pain Relief
- Put on restraints like lumbar belt while experiencing severe joint pain.
- You can use warm compresses on the painful areas and thus soothe the pain.
- Limit the intake of acidifying foods, which cause oxidation, and if you already suffer from joint pain they can aggravate the pain. Avoid eating red meat, dairy products and products that are packed with refined sugar. Replace these foods with plenty of fruits, vegetables, legumes and semi-complete cereals.
- Try to be active and walk a minimum of 10,000 steps per day. You should do some sports activity 3 to 4 times a week like hiking or water aerobics. They will help in restoring the body’s motor skills and offer you even more stamina.
All these tips are great relief for the experienced joint pain, but you should always first consult your doctor prior initiating any method.