If you have wondered whether you can use yogurt in your slimming diet, then the answer is yes. This product is usually avoided in slimming diets due to the content of fat, but if the yogurt is organic and rightfully introduced into a diet it can actually trigger the weight loss process.
It is a fact that dairy products and cow’s milk are not used in the diets due to their somewhat difficult digestion. But, there is a dairy product that can be very beneficial and this is the goat yogurt. As per the well-known nutritionist Audrey Aveaux this type of yogurt contains short chain fatty acid content that makes it much more digestible meanwhile providing the body with the needed nutrients. Therefore, we recommend the use of this yogurt than the one from cow’s milk.
Health Benefits of Yogurt
Yogurt contains nutrients like potassium, calcium, and many other vitamins and proteins that are vital for having an optimal health. It is a great product for the weight loss but as well as for the proper function of the kidneys, bones and heart.
The content of calcium will support the proper growth and fortification of the bones and teeth. If it is consumed on regular basis and moderately it will offer a strong bone structure and protection against several health issues. As per the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases the goat yogurt is very beneficial for the health of the heart.
Plus, the yogurt has in its content proteins that have the ability to suppress the hunger making you eat less that will reduce the calorie intake. As per conducted study by renowned researchers like Professor Jacquelyn Eales at the University of Exeter in England, the inclusion of yogurt into a diet will fight weight gain and the onset of obesity.
The Yogurt Diet
- Half a cup of oatmeal
- A goat yogurt.
- A bowl of rice with grilled vegetables like tomatoes, beans, and peppers. When grilling use half a tablespoon of olive oil, and season it with salt and pepper.
- 1 apple cut in quarters
- 4 tablespoons of goat yogurt.
- A bowl of salad comprised of 50 grams of diced chicken breast, 2 lettuce leaves, 1 carrot and 1 apple cut into pieces. Season the salad with a goat yogurt sauce.
- 1 sliced cucumber seasoned with 2 tablespoons of goat yogurt.
- Grilled sliced turkey breast fillet with mushrooms, tomato and pepper. Use olive oil when grilling and once cooked add 2 tablespoons of goat yogurt as sauce.
- 20 grams of red berries with goat yogurt.
- 1 apple cut in quarters
- 3 tablespoons of goat yogurt.
- Salmon fillet grilled in olive oil
- A bowl of sliced cucumber along with 2 tablespoons of goat yogurt and half a teaspoon of mustard.
- A dish made of 100 grams of whole rice, diced cucumber and a boiled egg. All the ingredients are mixed with 1 pot of goat yogurt.
This diet must be followed only for three days as it is really low in calories and on the long run does not offer all the required nutrients. You should follow it only 3 days and thus stimulate weight loss, but not more as you may be at risk of developing certain nutrient deficiencies.
If you are lactose intolerant you cannot use products made from goat’s milk.