Ginger is an amazing root offering numerous health benefits and its use in the recipe of ginger water enhances its already powerful properties.
Thanks to the consumption of ginger water you will manage to boost the overall health and in the tastiest and refreshing way.
Here are some of the benefits that the consumption of ginger water can offer to your body:
- Protects the heart from various diseases as it has the ability to lower the blood levels of the bad-LDL cholesterol which is a low-density lipid cholesterol.
- Therefore, it treats atherosclerosis, a condition of elevated levels of the LDL cholesterol. As a result of this condition the plaque accumulates in the arteries and hardens them.
- It aids with the body’s digestion.
- Prevents nausea while pregnancy period.
- It is high in antioxidants thus preventing flu, common colds, and vertigo.
- Great pain reliever, and believed to be as effective as ibuprofen which is commonly taken for pain relief. In the case of ginger, there are no adverse effects. On the other hand, ibuprofen causes damage of the stomach and intestines. The consumption of ginger water will alleviate menstrual cramps, knee pain, and osteoarthritis symptoms.
- It can fight cancer thanks to the rich antioxidant content. Antioxidants can suppress pro-inflammatory TNF-α, also recognized as tumor necrosis factor alpha. This is a cell-signaling protein which plays a role in inflammation throughout the body, and aside the appearance of cancer it is linked to the appearance of inflammatory bowel disease, depression, and Alzheimer’s. Ginger successfully suppresses this harmful protein, and thus preventing the occurrence of these diseases, and if they are already present, treats them effectively.
Hence, for acquiring optimal health, make certain to prepare ginger water and consume it regularly.
Recipe of Ginger Water
- Juiced half a lemon
- 1 to 2 inches of grated fresh ginger root
- 2 to 3 cups of water
- Raw honey
Preparation and use:
In a bowl grate the ginger, and then add the water and the lemon juice. Sweeten it with honey, and let it stand for 5 minutes. During this period of time stir it occasionally, and after that strain it into a glass.
Consume this ginger water either warm or cool, during the whole day.