What if we tell you that there is a delicious dessert that can offer incredible health benefits as well! You may think how that is possible, but it is, the coconut lemon pudding can offer you all that.
This dessert can be consumed as breakfast, and snack, and moreover you can consume it freely as it is low in carbs, but high in collagen protein.
The collagen protein or grass-fed beef gelatin has the ability to treat joint pain, heal leaky gut syndrome, strengthen the joints, and as well as boost your beauty by supporting the health of the skin, hair, and nails.
In addition to collagen, this recipe contains coconut milk which is amazingly healthy ingredient, high in anti-inflammatory medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) which are quickly being metabolized by the body and thus used in burning fat.
On the other hand, the use of lemon juice will offer your body incredible health benefits like the following ones:
- Lemon juice prevents the formation of kidney stones. According to popsugar.com: “Drinking one half-cup of lemon juice every day raises citrate levels in the urine. Studies have shown that this could protect against calcium stones in the kidney.”
- Maintains the pH levels in the body.
- Helps in weight loss as a result of the high pectin content, a soluble fiber offering a feeling of satiety.
- Prevents cancer.
A Ketogenic – Style Recipe Beneficial for Joint Pain
- 3 tablespoons of grass-fed beef gelatin
*** Vegans should use 3 tablespoons of agar flakes or agar powder instead
- 2 cups of full-fat organic coconut milk (the one in can)
- Half a cup of lemon juice
- A quarter teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Sweeten it with lemon or vanilla flavored Sweet Leaf Stevia or Maple syrup or Honey
(It is really up to you and your taste)
Take a pan and pour in it half a cup of water, and then include the gelatin. Leave it aside for several minutes so that it becomes spongy and soft.
In a bowl mix the coconut milk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
Then, on low heat, place the pan with the gelatin mixture in order to dissolve. Turn off the heat and then add the sweetener of your own choice like Stevia or honey and stir everything nicely. Finally, add the lemon coconut mixture and quickly whisk everything well.
Transfer the pudding mixture into small glasses, and let it to cool off till it is a bit “fluffy’’.
Your healthy and delicious dessert is ready for consumption, enjoy it!